St. Andrew’s United Methodist Church, built in 1887, was the first Spring Lake church to be open year-round. Its original trustees included some of the founders, early developers and merchants of Spring Lake who stayed throughout the winter months. Their number included William and John Lucas (Spring Lake Development Company), O.H. Brown (merchant and former mayor), William Trout, E.V. Patterson (a former mayor) and R.N. Carson. Although these men prospered in their careers and some became generous benefactors to Spring Lake, the appearance of St. Andrew’s reflects the practical, mercantile sensibility of most of its founders.
Located at Fourth and West Lake Avenues, St. Andrew’s is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.